Exhibition Proposal Guidelines for AAP Galleries
The AAP galleries are managed and maintained by the college through AAP exhibition staff. During the academic year, these galleries host formal AAP exhibitions, consisting of both curated and proposed projects of work to internal proposals from the college. Proposals, including work by current faculty, students, and staff affiliated with AAP, will be reviewed and selected by the AAP Gallery Committee on a biannual basis with March 1 as the deadline for the fall semester and October 29 for the spring semester. Support by the AAP exhibition staff for projects is limited to application review by the AAP Gallery Committee, scheduling, and the patching and painting of walls between shows, not beyond the usual wear and tear and as approved by the office. Interested applicants should fill out and submit the Exhibition Application Form to apply.
The college is committed to providing access to gallery space equitably regardless of department or program affiliation.
- The AAP exhibition staff will work with the selected applicants to coordinate space and scheduling.
- The proposed exhibition shall be referred to as the "Work." The Exhibitor (author, artist, creator, and owner of the Work) represents and warrants that Exhibitor is the sole owner of the subject Work and has the legal authority to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, perform, and display the Work, and that the Work does not infringe upon any copyright, moral rights, or intellectual property rights of a third party, nor does the Work invade or infringe upon the privacy or publicity rights of any person. The Exhibitor agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Cornell University against all claims, demands, suits, losses, damages, costs, and expenses that Cornell may sustain arising from the display, distribution, publication and/or performance of the Work at Cornell. If Exhibitor cannot represent Exhibitor is the exclusive owner of the content of the Work, or that all rights necessary to display the content have been cleared by Exhibitor, please contact AAP Communications to determine whether the display of third party content can be cleared or may be susceptible to permissible use.
- Applicants are solely responsible for logistics, installation, deinstallation, cleanup, and communications efforts and costs associated with exhibitions in the AAP galleries.
- All exhibitors must follow the established AAP Gallery Guidelines.
- Please visit the office for copies of the floorplans for John Hartell Gallery and Bibliowicz Family Gallery. All exhibitors must submit installation plans for review and approval by AAP's facilities team to ensure compliance with university facilities practices and policies.
- Unless otherwise approved, the installation must occur during the week between 8 a.m.–5 p.m.