AAP Exhibition Guidelines
AAP exhibitions take place in the AAP galleries, which include the John Hartell Gallery and the Bibliowicz Family Gallery. Both galleries are managed and maintained by AAP through the Exhibitions team and are open on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. AAP is committed to providing access to gallery space equitably, regardless of department or program affiliation. The Exhibitions team will work with selected exhibitors to coordinate space and scheduling. Support for internal projects by the Exhibitions team is limited to application review by the AAP Gallery Committee, scheduling, and the patching and painting of walls between shows, not beyond usual wear and tear and as approved by the team.
- Exhibitors are solely responsible for logistics, installation, deinstallation, cleanup, communications efforts, and all costs associated with the exhibition.
- Exhibitors must adhere to the AAP Gallery Guidelines, which include safety and ADA regulations to ensure accessibility for all visitors.
Proposals, including work by current faculty, students, and staff affiliated with AAP, will be reviewed and selected by the AAP Gallery Committee on a biannual basis. Interested applicants should fill out and submit the AAP Exhibition Application to apply.
- March 1 is the deadline for the fall semester.
- November 1 is the deadline for the spring semester.
Once an exhibition is approved by the AAP Gallery Committe, the Exhibitor must provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month prior to the exhibition:
- Submit images of the included work(s), a biography of the artist(s) or curator(s), and a paragraph about the exhibition. We will create an event page on the AAP website for promotional purposes.
- Submit a finalized floor plan layout.
- If planning a reception with food and beverages, notify us of the proposed reception date. Once the date is approved by us, the Exhibitor should liaise with their home department and submit an online Event Registration Form at scheduling.cornell.edu. The Exhibitor is responsible for all expenses and logistics associated with the reception.