Computer Support and Services
AAP IT Solutions is located in 235 Sibley Dome, and provides limited support for a variety of hardware and software issues including free limited support for students, faculty, and staff. Please note, that the computer's owner is responsible for the cost of parts.
Services Provided Include:
- Troubleshoot and fix Windows/Mac OS problems
- Troubleshoot and repair laptop, desktop, and limited phones/tablets
- Custom PC consulting/building
There are standard black and white and color laser printers, and 10 wide-format plotters. AAP uses Cornell's Net-Print accounting program to manage and track all print jobs and user account balances.
- Sign up for Net-Print
- Check your account status
- Instructions on how to prepare and print your plot (PDF)
Color Printing Prices:
- 8-1/2" x 11" = $.25 per sheet (non-duplex printer)
- 11" x 17" = $.25 per sheet (non-duplex printer)
Black and White Printing Prices:
- 8-1/2" x 11" = $.09 per sheet (duplex not included)
- 11" x 17" = $.09 per sheet (duplex not included)
Milstein Hall/Sibley Hall
Heavyweight bond paper is preloaded at $1.80 per square foot. One additional Milstein Hall plotter is loaded with glossy and mylar (pl6) at $2.40 per square foot. Anything printed over 100" is at the user's own risk and will not be refunded.
Advanced Digital Media Services (ADMS)
All plotting must be done with a lab monitor present as billing is done through CornellCard or a preapproved check. Please check the schedule at the AAP IT Solutions counter for up-to-date hours of availability. Printing appointments may be scheduled online.
- Printing on the 4900: Paper can be purchased at the Cornell Store or at online stores such as Parrot Digigraphics. ADMS sells lustre and matte 17" rolls by the linear foot.
- Printing on the 9900: Prices are generated by the inch with a minimum of 6" (length). Paper is supplied and prints must be paid in full via CornellCard, personal check, our through the Net-Print system at time of pickup/print. Available papers include:
- Epson Cold Press Natural
- Epson Hot Press Bright
- Angelica Universal Photomate
- Epson Exhibition Canvas Matte
- Parrot Clear Transparency
- Pictorico Film
- Epson Premium Glossy Photo
- Epson Ultra Premium Luster
- Parrot Ultra Lustre Photo
AAP is equipped with several scanners located throughout the college.
- 42" sheet fed scanner (Oce) in the scanning area off of Milstein Hall (please get approval from the IT Solutions Counter before scanning)
- Epson GT-15000 11" x 17" flatbed scanners, four in the scanning area off of Milstein Hall
- Epson Expression 10000xl 11" x 17" flatbed scanners with slide holders in the ADMS
AAP has dedicated B56 E. Sibley Hall as a documentation space which can be checked out of the AAP Equipment Cage for up to two hours. The documentation room is equipped with ceiling lighting and two Complete AutoPole Expan Kit Black 3 Roll setup with gray, white, and black backdrops.
AAP has 2 custom built render towers. Each of these remote instances is equipped with 56 cores, 128GB of RAM, 64bit Windows, Rhino 5, and Vray 2. Please follow these instructions to connect.