Computer Support and Services
AAP IT Solutions is located in 235 Sibley Dome, and provides limited support for a variety of hardware and software issues including free limited support for students, faculty, and staff. Please note, that the computer's owner is responsible for the cost of parts.
Services Provided Include:
- Troubleshoot and fix Windows/Mac OS problems
- Troubleshoot and repair laptop, desktop, and limited phones/tablets
- Custom PC consulting/building
There are standard black and white and color laser printers, and six wide-format plotters. AAP uses Cornell's Net-Print accounting program to manage and track all print jobs and user account balances.
- Sign up for Net-Print
- Check your account status
- Instructions on how to prepare and print your plot (PDF)
Color Printing Prices:
- 8-1/2" x 11" = $.25 per sheet (non-duplex printer)
- 11" x 17" = $.25 per sheet (non-duplex printer)
Black and White Printing Prices:
- 8-1/2" x 11" = $.09 per sheet (duplex not included)
- 11" x 17" = $.09 per sheet (duplex not included)
Milstein Hall/Sibley Hall
Heavyweight bond paper is preloaded at $2.16 per linear foot. One additional Milstein Hall plotter is loaded with glossy and mylar (pl6) at $2.88 per linear foot. Anything printed over 100" is at the user's own risk and will not be refunded (this is to prevent pushing the max capacity of the plotter, which can slow down the plot process for other students).
Advanced Digital Media Services (ADMS)
For more information please visit the ADMS classroom page.
AAP is equipped with several scanners located throughout the college.
- 36" sheetfed scanner (Oce) in the scanning area off of Milstein Hall (please get approval from the AAP IT Solutions counter before scanning)
- Epson GT-15000 11" x 17" flatbed scanners, four in the scanning area in the south end of Milstein Hall
- Epson Expression 10000xl 11" x 17" flatbed scanners with slide holders in the ADMS
AAP has dedicated B56 East Sibley Hall as a documentation space that can be reserved for up to two hours. The space can be booked at the AAP Equipment Cage. The documentation room is equipped with ceiling lighting and two Complete AutoPole Expan Kit Black 3 Roll setups with gray, white, and black backdrops.
AAP has two custom-built render towers. Each of these remote instances is equipped with 56 cores, 128GB of RAM, 64bit Windows, Rhino 5, and Vray 2. Please follow these instructions to connect.