Whether for CAD, GIS, 3D modeling, Photoshop, or professional printmaking, AAP digital classrooms meet the teaching and learning needs of faculty and students.
Video files are viewable by the Cornell community only.
- Large LCD Tutorial - Laptops and built in PCs for classrooms in West Sibley Hall B10, B01, 115, 211, 318, East Sibley Hall 142, and 144.
- Milstein Hall AV Tutorial - Laptops and built in PCs for the Milstein Hall Auditorium.
- Room 157 Tutorial - Projector, laptop, built-in PC, and audio setup.
- Room 101 Tutorial - Projector, laptop, built-in PC, and audio setup.
- Milstein Crit Wall LCD Tutorial - Built in PC, and laptop setup.
- Room 208 Tutorial - Moveable LCD, laptop, and built-in PC setup.
305–308 W. Sibley Hall
AAP's Windows-based digital classrooms provide students with access to advanced computer-aided design software as well as projection, printing, and plotting devices.
- Windows 8
- Dell Optiplex 7010 (39 in lab, 9 in study area)
- PCs have 19" or 20" LCD displays
- Overhead LCD projectors
- Xerox 5550/7500 b&w/color laserjets
- 36" HP plotter
Microsoft Office 2013, ArcGIS 10.2, Adobe CS6 Standard, STATA, Sketchup Pro, Google Earth Pro, AutoCad 2014, and various other applications
- 7:30 a.m.–3 a.m.
- The facility is reserved exclusively for CRP students after 5 p.m.
- Thanksgiving, from Wednesday, 12 p.m. to Sunday, 11 a.m.
- Three days after the end of a semester until seven days before the beginning of a semester
- During the summer, except for scheduled summer session classes
- AAP IT Solutions (607) 255-0622
222–223 W. Sibley Hall
AAP's Advanced Digital Media Service (ADMS) is a professional level editing and printing facility. ADMS has the capacity to create museum quality, large-format, digital prints. Printing can be done on a variety of media, including glossy and luster photo papers, fine art matte papers, canvas, and clear film. Print sizes can be up to 44" x 100" or more at lifetimes ranging from 30–100 years, depending on the medium. Color profiled monitors and a controlled lighting environment enable a close match of a screen image to what is produced on paper. The lab has neutral gray walls with blackout curtains over the windows, and pinup walls for proofing. The room layout is designed to support a focused workflow, collaborative work environment, and teaching space.
- Mac Pro (8), 6 GB RAM, 2x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 128 GB SSD hard drive
- Mac Mini (7), 8 GB RAM, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 128 GB SSD hard drive
- Calibrated Apple Cinema and Asus PA246 Series (built-in card readers) displays
- 70" wall-mounted LCD connected to central workstation
- 40" wall-mounted LCDs (2) connected to central workstation
- GTI Graphiclite softview booths (2)
- GTI Graphiclite D50 overhead lighting
- 3500k and 4700K interchangeable Solex lighting tracks with dimming
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 photo/matte (17")
- Epson Stylus Pro 9900 photo/matte (44")
- HP LaserJet 9050 black and white printer
- Epson Expression 10000 XL, 11" x 17" flatbed scanner
- Epson Perfection V700, 8.5" x 11.7" flatbed scanners (2)
- Wacom Graphics tablet (2)
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (Mac Pro)/Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (Mac Mini), Adobe CS6 Design Suite, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, Final Cut Pro X, Burn, Cyberduck, FFMpeg, HandBrake, Audacity, Arduino, Processing, Microsoft Office 2011
235 Sibley Dome
AAP's open workspace has twelve 27" LCD stations with VGA and Apple Thunderbolt adapters for connecting either a PC or Mac laptop.
- 27" Samsung LCD Monitors (24) with VGA/Apple Thunderbolt adapters
- Xerox 5550/7500 b&w/color laserjets
221D Olive Tjaden Hall
The Tjaden classroom is equipped with 18 23" LCDs. The instructor's station is equipped with an i7 Mac Mini, 80" LCD TV, and Klipsch sound system.
- Michelle Sinnigen, academic programs coordinator, art, (607) 255-3558
Mobile LCD Units
AAP has seven portable LCD units that can be utilized for classes and presentations. Each unit has a built-in Mac mini and a 55" LCD. Reserve mobile LCDs online.
AAP classrooms equipped with wall-mounted LCDs (55" or 70") connected to a Mac Mini include:
- Sibley 261b (no computer), 318, 223, 211, 144, 142,115, and B10
- Tjaden B23, 221D
- Rand 205 (no computer)
Ceiling Mounted Projectors
AAP classrooms equipped with ceiling mounted projectors and connected to a Mac laptop or Windows workstation include:
- Sibley 307, 208, 157, and 101
- Rand 202
- Tjaden 221, 324