Whether for CAD, GIS, 3D modeling, Photoshop, or professional printmaking, AAP digital classrooms meet the teaching and learning needs of faculty and students.
Video files are viewable by the Cornell community only.
- Large LCD Tutorial - Laptops and built-in PCs for classrooms in West Sibley Hall rooms B10, B01, 115, 211, 318, and East Sibley Hall rooms 142, and 144.
- Milstein Hall AV Tutorial - Laptops and built-in PCs for the Abby and Howard Milstein Auditorium.
- Room 157 Tutorial - Projector, laptop, built-in PC, and audio setup.
- Room 101 Tutorial - Projector, laptop, built-in PC, and audio setup.
- Milstein Crit Wall LCD Tutorial - Built-in PC and laptop setup.
- Room 208 Tutorial - Moveable LCD, laptop, and built-in PC setup.
305–308 West Sibley Hall
AAP's Windows-based digital classrooms provide students with access to advanced computer-aided design software as well as projection, printing, and plotting devices.
- Windows 10
- Custom-built desktops (39 in lab, nine in study area)
- PCs have 20" LCD displays
- Overhead LCD projectors
- Xerox 5550/7500 black and white/color laserjets
Microsoft Office 2016, ArcGIS 10.5, Adobe CC 2017, STATA 15, Sketchup Pro, Google Earth Pro, AutoCad 2018, Rhino 5, and various other applications
- 7:30 a.m.–3 a.m.
- The facility is reserved exclusively for CRP students after 5 p.m.
- Thanksgiving, from Wednesday, 12 p.m., to Sunday, 11 a.m.
- Three days after the end of a semester until seven days before the beginning of a semester
- During the summer, except for scheduled AAP summer session classes (CRP grad program is not applicable)
- AAP IT Solutions, Patrick McCool (607) 255-0622
222–223 West Sibley Hall
AAP's Advanced Digital Media Service (ADMS) is a professional-level editing and printing facility. ADMS has the capacity to create museum quality, large-format digital prints. Printing can be done on a variety of media, including luster and glossy photo papers, fine art matte papers, canvas, and film. Print sizes can be up to 44" x 100" or more. Epson UltraChrome HD pigment inks are fade resistant. Archival display or storage methods offer extended lifetimes depending on the chosen media. Color profiled monitors and a controlled lighting environment enable a close match of a screen image to what is produced on paper. The lab has neutral gray walls with blackout curtains over the windows, and pinup walls for proofing. The room layout is designed to support a focused workflow, collaborative work environment, and teaching space.
- Mac Pro (six, black cylindrical), 12 GB RAM, Single 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5, Solid State hard drive
- Mac Pro (eight, silver tower), 6-24 GB RAM, Dual 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Solid State hard drive
- Eizo ColorEdge CG2420 monitors with hoods (two), Eizo CS2420 monitor (one), Asus widescreen and standard monitors (Models PA248, PB278, and PB298)
- 70" wall-mounted LCD connected to central workstation
- 40" wall-mounted LCDs (two) connected to central workstation
- GTI Graphiclite D50 color viewing booths (two)
- GTI Graphiclite D50 overhead lighting
- 3500 K and 4700 K interchangeable Solux lighting tracks with dimming
- Epson SureColor P7000 24" photo/matte inkjet printer
- Epson Stylus Pro 9900 44" photo/matte inkjet printer
- Epson Expression 10000 XL, 11.2" x 17.2" flatbed scanner
- Epson Perfection V700, 8.5" x 11.7" flatbed scanners (two)
- Hasselblad Flextight X1 scanner (film holders checked out through AAP IT Solutions equipment cage to trained users)
ADMS Extension / self-service space (in Tjaden Hall, First-floor Darkroom):
- Mac Mini (two), 8 GB RAM, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, Solid State hard drive
- Eizo ColorEdge CG2420 monitors with hoods (two)
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 17" photo/matte inkjet printer (two)
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5, Adobe CC including Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, other software including Final Cut Pro, Processing, Audacity, Microsoft Office 2016
Training and Workshops:
AAP IT Solutions sends out emails throughout the semester offering training sessions and workshops including:
- Printer training for AAP students who are interested in becoming more involved in the fine art digital printing process and plan to supply their own paper for printing on the Epson printers
- Flextight X1 scanner training
- Technical workshops in digital media software use and workflow
- One-on-one project consultation by appointment
235 Sibley Dome
- 27" Samsung LCD Monitors (12) with VGA/Apple Thunderbolt adapters for connecting either a PC or Mac laptop
- Xerox 5550/7500 black and white/color laserjets
Mobile LCD Units
AAP has 16 portable LCD units that can be utilized for classes and presentations. Each unit has a built-in computer and a 55" LCD (most are 4 KB). Sibley Hall has 10 LCDs, Tjaden Hall has six LCDs.
AAP classrooms equipped with wall-mounted LCDs (55" or 70") connected to a computer include:
- Sibley Hall, rooms 261b, 318, 223, 211, 208, 144, 142,115, and B10
- Tjaden Hall, rooms 407, 324, B23
- Rand Hall, rooms 205, 202
Ceiling Mounted Projectors
AAP classrooms equipped with ceiling mounted projectors and connected to a Mac laptop or Windows workstation include:
- Sibley Hall, rooms 307 (lab), 157, and 101
- Rand Hall, Room 202
- Tjaden Hall, Room 324