Tuition and Funding
Tuition for graduate study at AAP varies by discipline and degree.
Students who receive university assistantships, fellowships or other forms of aid will generally receive tuition support from Cornell. For those not receiving tuition support from Cornell, the tuition rates below will help with planning and budgeting. Most students should anticipate annual increases in tuition and fees.
Visit the Graduate School website for additional information.
Tuition rates by degree (rates are based on the 2023–24 academic year, and do not include fees, room and board, books, or personal expenses):
*All rates are per academic year unless otherwise noted.
- Architecture Ph.D.: $24,800
- Architecture M.Arch. (Professional): $65,204
- Architecture M.S. (Post-Professional), Advanced Architectural Design: $32,602 per semester, $65,204 per academic year (three-semester program total: $97,806)
- Architecture M.S. (Post-Professional), Advanced Urban Design: $32,602 per semester, $65,204 per academic year (three-semester program total: $97,806)
- Architecture M.S., Matter Design Computation: $29,500
- Art M.F.A., Creative Visual Arts: $29,500
- Art M.F.A., Image Text: $9,314 per semester (seven-semester program total: $65,200)*
- City and Regional Planning Ph.D.: $24,800
- City and Regional Planning M.R.P.: $42,688
- City and Regional Planning M.A. in Historic Preservation Planning: $29,500
- Design Tech M.S., Design Technology: $32,602 per semester, $65,204 per academic year
- Regional Science M.A., M.S., Ph.D.: $20,800
For estimates on the full costs, visit the Graduate School website.
AAP also has many funding opportunities students may wish to pursue including college-wide, architecture, art, and city and regional planning financial support.