Admissions and Costs
How to Apply
- Bachelor of architecture students (B.Arch.) may attend AAP NYC during the fall semester and must apply by December 1 for admission the following year.
- Bachelor of fine arts students (B.F.A.) may attend AAP NYC during the spring semester and must apply by March 1 for admission the following year.
- Professional master of architecture students (M.Arch.) are required to attend AAP NYC in their fourth semester of study, typically in the spring.
- Master of Regional Planning (M.R.P.), Master of Landscape Architecture (M.L.A.), and B.S. URS students may attend AAP NYC during the fall semester and complete an application by March 1.
- Post-professional master of science in advanced architectural design (M.S. AAD) are required to spend their first semester (summer) at AAP NYC.
Applicants must be on track for fulfilling graduation requirements and be in good academic standing at the time of application and at the start of the off-campus semester.
- AAP NYC: B.Arch. Student Application
- AAP NYC: B.F.A. Student Application
- AAP NYC: M.R.P./M.L.A./URS Student Application
All Cornell students pay their normal tuition.
Undergraduate student financial aid packages are adjusted and portable to cover any additional housing, food, and transportation costs for the semester.
Sample budget (not including tuition) from the 2020–21 academic year (based on past student spending):
|Transportation||$600 - Metrocard for subways and buses, occasional taxis|
|Round-trip bus fare (Ithaca to NYC)||$330 (two trips)|
|Entertainment / personal expenses / housewares||$865|
|Total (not including tuition)||$13,345|