AAP NYC: Admissions and Costs
How to Apply
- Bachelor of architecture students (B.Arch.) may attend AAP NYC during the fall semester and must apply by November 1 for admission the following year.
- Bachelor of fine arts students (B.F.A.) may attend AAP NYC during the spring semester and must apply by December 1 for admission the following year.
- Professional master of architecture students (M.Arch.) are required to attend AAP NYC in their fourth semester of study, typically in the spring. There is no need to apply separately.
- Post-professional master of architecture students (M.Arch.II) are required to spend their first semester (summer) at AAP NYC. There is no need to apply separately.
- Master of Regional Planning (M.R.P.) and Master of Landscape Architecture (M.L.A.) students may attend AAP NYC during the fall semester and must complete an application by February 15.
- Applicants must be on track for fulfilling graduation requirements and be in good academic standing at the time of application and at the start of the off-campus semester.
AAP NYC applications are available on the Cornell Abroad website. For further information about applying, please contact the AAP Office of Admissions and Academic Services.
- AAP NYC: B.Arch. Student Application
- AAP NYC: B.F.A. Student Application
- AAP NYC: M.R.P. and M.L.A. Student Application
Undergraduate student financial aid packages are adjusted and portable to cover any additional housing, food, and transportation costs for the semester.
Sample undergraduate budget from the 2017–18 academic year (based on past student spending):
|Transportation||$600 - Metrocard for subways and buses, occasional taxis|
|Round-trip bus fare (Ithaca to NYC)||$330 (two trips)|
|Entertainment / personal expenses / housewares / living||$865|