Martin Miller is primarily concerned with how the digital onslaught will define our future realities, both physical and virtual. He is the cofounder of the design office AntiStatics Architecture based in Beijing and New York City. Defining a mantra which is ever adaptive to emerging technologies, AntiStatics' work seeks to find a balance between our convergent existences. Recent works include MaoHaus, a thin-shell concrete facade with hidden embedded imagery; Pussy Hut, an inhabitable pussy hat that's a tribute and monument to the Women's Rights movement; and Catenaries, a responsive installation provoking the impact of air as a driver for spatial definition.
Miller received his master's of architecture from the University of Pennsylvania after receiving a B.F.A. in sculpture with a minor in mathematics. He is currently an assistant professor of the practice at Cornell AAP where he teaches graduate studios as well as seminars focused on the implementation of computational design techniques including artificial intelligence, simulation, and robotic fabrication.
- The Sculptural Facade of This Store Offers a Hint of What Is Inside
- Martin Miller Q&A: Architecture, Advancing Technology, and Defining Practice
- Wenzhou Ou-river Crystal Boxes Restaurant / AntiStatics Architecture
- Cornell University Partners With Industry on a New Approach to Urban Design and Planning
- Digital Fabrications in the Living Room: Reflection and Projection in Design Software
- ARCH 4101/4102 Design VIIAdvanced programs in architectural design, with options in, but not limited to, urban design, architectural technology, computational design, ecology, culture, and representation.
- ARCH 4605/6605 Special Topics in Construction: The Physics of FormThis course addresses pertinent issues relative to the subject of Construction. The instructor(s) of the course are drawn from the permanent and visiting faculty who may either broadly or narrowly define the course's scope and content. For precise content, please see the Architecture Department webpage.