Martin Miller is primarily concerned with how the digital onslaught will define our future realities, both physical and virtual. He is the cofounder of the design office AntiStatics Architecture based in Beijing and New York City. Defining a mantra which is ever adaptive to emerging technologies, AntiStatics' work seeks to find a balance between our convergent existences. Recent works include MaoHaus, a thin-shell concrete facade with hidden embedded imagery; Pussy Hut, an inhabitable pussy hat that's a tribute and monument to the Women's Rights movement; and Catenaries, a responsive installation provoking the impact of air as a driver for spatial definition.
Miller received his master's of architecture from the University of Pennsylvania after receiving a B.F.A. in sculpture with a minor in mathematics. He is currently an assistant professor of the practice at Cornell AAP where he teaches graduate studios as well as seminars focused on the implementation of computational design techniques including artificial intelligence, simulation, and robotic fabrication.
- Informed Decision-Making and Design: Big Data Applications from the Classroom to the Smart City
- Epic Games Inc. Supports Architecture Faculty Research in VR for Design
- Architecture Faculty and Alumnus Team Up at Robotic Fabrication Conference
- O'Donnell's Neighborhood Mini-Library Leaves Something, and Nothing, Behind
- Martin Miller Hired as Assistant Professor of the Practice in Architecture
- ARCH 4101/4102 Design VIIAdvanced programs in architectural design, with options in, but not limited to, urban design, architectural technology, computational design, ecology, culture, and representation.
- ARCH 4605/6605 Special Topics in Construction: The Physics of FormThis course addresses pertinent issues relative to the subject of Construction. The instructor(s) of the course are drawn from the permanent and visiting faculty who may either broadly or narrowly define the course's scope and content. For precise content please see the Architecture Department webpage .