New York artist Elisabeth Haly Meyer makes prints to investigate the serial image, the multiple, and the potential for "tangential" narratives often through book and folio formats. Her work, which includes drawing, painting, and sculpture, is influenced by architecture, nature, and history.
In addition to a recent CCA Grant, Meyer has a renewed grant through the Jeffrey S. Lehman Fund for Scholarly Exchange with China to expand on recent work exploring text, language, and the book format alongside Professor Chen Haiyan of the Hangzhou Academy of Art.
Exhibitions Meyer has curated in the Bibliowicz Family Gallery include Print, Text, Language (2014), which examined contemporary conceptual approaches to the artist book featuring work by Cornell alumni; Hybrid Prints: Old and New Technology in Contemporary Prints, a collaborative exhibit with Pace Prints (2013); and a solo exhibition of Jerry Mischak sculptures (2012).
Meyer has been a visiting critic at Brown University, Massachusetts College of Art, and RISD, and has exhibited her work throughout the U.S. and internationally. She received her B.A. from the University of California–Berkeley and M.F.A. from the University of Texas at Austin.
Academic Research/Specialty Areas
- Print media
Printmaking, painting, and drawing.
- CANCELED: Prints for World Food Exhibition and Sale
- Advanced Printmaking Students Show Their Work at Printfest 2018
- Art Faculty News: Spring 2018
- Print Text Language
- Print Media: Special Topics
- ART 2301 Introduction to Print Media
- ART 3305 Print Media: Professional Collaboration and Studio Practices
- ART 3306 Print Media: The Artist's Book and the Object Multiple
- ART 3399 Print Media: Monotype
- ART 4001 and 4002: Thesis I and II
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- Jeffrey S. Lehman Grant for Scholarly Exchange with China (2018)
- Jurors Prize, The Boston Printmakers North American Print Biennial, Oehme Graphics Residency (2018)
- Jeffrey S. Lehman Grant for Scholarly Exchange with China (2015)
- Baer Art Center Residency, Iceland (2009)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- International Academic Printmaking Alliance, group exhibition and conference at Taoxichuan Art Museum, Jiangxi Province, China (2018)
- China Changes Everything, group exhibition at University of Wisconsin at LaCrosse (2018)
- Boston Printmakers 2017 North American Biennial, Boston, Massachusetts (2017)
- Art in Print (2017)
- Printmaking and You (2005)
- Intaglio Printmaking (2004)