Erin Pellegrino is a visiting lecturer in architecture and principal of the studio Make Think Design (mtd.). Mtd. is a multidisciplinary design and research studio, merging making and thinking. The studio's process is its theology – focusing on discovering, finding, developing and refining processes of material and procedural experimentation within temporal and physically bespoke environments.
Pellegrino has been recognized with an Autodesk BuildSpace Fellowship, AIA New England Design Honor Award, a Core77 Design Award in Built Environment, two Architizer A-plus awards, a Paul M. Heffernan International Fellowship, and a nomination for the EU Mies Van der Rohe Award. Her work on Alpine Shelter Skuta was featured on the cover of Phaidon Press's publication Environmental Living. In 2018, NCARB named her a Scholar of Professional Practice, for professional focus on the future of the practice of architecture.
She holds a B.Arch. from Cornell University, an M.Arch.II from Harvard GSD, and an M.B.A.
- The Whole Vine Yards
- RTF Awards 2021 Winners: The Shop by Matter
- Architecture Studio's Work Joins U.S.–Mexico Border Exhibition at Yale
- ARCH 4101/4102/5101/7912 Option StudioAdvanced programs in architectural design, with options in, but not limited to, urban design, architectural technology, computational design, ecology, culture, and representation.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- NCARB Scholar of Professional Practice (2018)
- Finalist, Ragdale Ring 2018 with After Architecture (2018)
- Nominated, Mies Van der Rohe Award: 2017 EU Prize for Contemporary Architecture (2016)
- Domus includes Alpine Shelter Skuta in "Best of #Small Spaces," (2016)
- Dwell and Alpine Modern feature Alpine Shelter Skuta in "Minimum Design, Maximum Protection" (2016)