M.Arch. Supply List
- Metric scale, color-coded, triangular section, 30 cm
- Arch. scale, color-coded, triangular section, 30 cm
- Alumicutter 18" metal ruler
- Staedtler Mars compass with extension bar
- Lead 2MM 2B, 12-pack
- Lead 2MM H, 12-pack
- Technigraph lead holders, round barrel, no clip, 2 colors (blue and gold)
- Staedtler lead pointer
- Dahle 53465 pencil sharpener, two hole
- Staedtler Mars plastic drafting eraser
- Kneaded eraser
- Drafting brush
- #1 X-acto knife, with safety cap
- #11 blades, 15 pack
- X-acto stainless steel triangle, 3"
- Olfa 9091 300 9mm wheel-lock utility knife
- Olfa 5015 AB-50B 9mm snap-off silver blade, 50-pack #5 Moore aluminum push pins, 100 pack, 5/8"
- Elmer's Glue-All multipurpose glue, 7.625oz
- Drafting tape, 1/2" width
- Tracing paper rolls, buff, 12" and 18"
- Sketchbook: all students need a sketchbook; please purchase one that suits your particular taste
- General's draughting pencils, 6-pack
- Adjustable triangle, clear, 12"
- 30/60 degree triangle, clear, 12"
- Alvin transparent edge t-square, 30"
- 12" transparent t-square
- Cutting mat, black, 24" x 36"
- Stanley tape measure, with inches and centimeters, 12'
For ARCH 5511: Constructed Drawing I
- Graphite stick 4B
- Graphite stick 8B
- FW Acrylic ink, white
- India ink
- Canson cream drawing pad 14" x 17"
- 4B drawing pencil
- 8B drawing Pencil
- Vellum Bristol 67lb 8.5 x 11 - 250 sheets
- #4 synthetic brush
- Glue stick
Optional (and per instructions of visual representation professor)
- Adjustable arm lamp, black
- Adjustable triangle, clear square edges, 12"
- Cross action or standard tweezer
- Sylvania 1 (2752) 100 watt soft white light bulb, two-pack or equivalent
Local Merchants for Supplies
- The Cornell Store*, art and architecture supplies (on campus), (607) 255-2936
- Michaels, art and craft supplies (The Shops at Ithaca Mall), (607) 319-2100
- Jo-Ann Fabrics, cloth and sewing supplies, (607) 257-1404
- Lowes, hardware, wood, and construction supplies, (607) 254-2000
- Home Depot, hardware, wood, and construction supplies, (607) 272-1093
- Ithaca Agway and True Value, building supply and hardware, (607) 272-1848
- Ithaca Plastics,Plexiglas, (607) 272-8232
- Physics Stockroom,D-24 Clark Hall (on campus), (607) 255-9684
- Ben Weitsman and Son, welding supplies and metal, (607) 277-1200
- Danby Hardwoods, (607) 272-8561
*The Cornell Store stocks all of the M.Arch. Supply List items at comparable rates to what you will find online. If you decide to shop elsewhere, we advise you to purchase only professional quality items.
- Special Shapes, modeling metal, bars, sheets, and tubing, (773) 586-8517
- National Balsa Wood, basswood and modeling supplies (413) 277-9500
- Uline, Boxes, tubes, board, etc., (800) 295-5510
- Fifer Hobby Supply LLC, (575) 523-9743
- Northeastern Scale Lumber Co., scale wood for models, (978) 688-6019
- Plastruct, plastic scale model supplies, (800) 666-7015
- Architectural Model Supply/Howard Models, scale people, cars, etc., (888) 867-6867
- Micro Mark, small tool specialists, (800) 225-1066
- Bill and Walts Hobby Shop, dowels 1/16 x 36" and model supplies, (800) 755-9462
It is strongly suggested that you own the recommended laptop computer. Learn more about the Student Laptop Recommendations.