Sofía von Ellrichshausen
Sofía von Ellrichshausen (born in 1976) is an Argentinian architect, artist, and educator. Together with Mauricio Pezo, in 2002 she founded the art and architecture studio Pezo von Ellrichshausen, based in the southern Chilean city of Concepción. She has been a visiting professor at Harvard GSD, the IIT College of Architecture, and a jury member at the 2018 Venice Biennale of Architecture. Among other institutions, her work is part of the permanent collection at the Contemporary Art Museum in Santiago, Chile; the MoMA in New York City; and the Art Institute of Chicago. Von Ellrichshausen completed a degree of architecture at the Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 2002. She has been awarded the FADU-UBA Honour Diploma, the Rice Design Alliance Spotlight Award, and the Young Architect Prize at the V Ibero-American Architecture Biennial.
Academic Research/Specialty Areas
Crossed production between art and architecture.
- Pan Scroll Zoom 4: Pezo Von Ellrichshausen
- Architecture and Art Alumni Complete New Casapoli Residency
- Pezo and von Ellrichshausen Join Architecture Faculty as Professors of the Practice
- Mauricio Pezo and Sofia von Ellrichshausen: Normal Inventory
- ARCH 4101/4102 Design VIIAdvanced programs in architectural design, with options in, but not limited to, urban design, architectural technology, computational design, ecology, culture, and representation.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- MCHP.emerge 2014–15, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago (2014)
- Regional Architecture Prize, Chilean Government, Bio-Bio Region (2014)
- Municipal Art Price, Concepción City Hall, Concepción (2013)
- Spotlight Award, Rice Design Alliance, Houston (2012)
- Young Architect Prize, Chilean Architects Association, Santiago (2006)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- Reporting from the Front, 2016 Venice Biennale of Architecture
- Conceptions of Space, Museum of Modern Art, New York City (2014)
- Sensing Spaces, Royal Academy of Arts, London (2014)
- Naïve Intention. New York: Actar, 2018.
- Av Monographs 199: Pezo von Ellrichshausen—Geometric Abstraction. Madrid: Avisa, 2018
- Pezo von Ellrichshausen—Spatial Structure. Copenhagen: Arkitektur B, 2016