Liana Miuccio is a dual citizen photographer and videographer born in Rome and raised in New York City who divides her time between the two cities. She has also lectured at numerous universities including Temple University, New York University, Middlebury College, University of Pennsylvania, and the Italian Cultural Institute in New York City.
Miuccio's images have been exhibited across the world. Her recent solo exhibit, DoppiaVisione/Double Vision, was featured as part of FOTOGRAFIA/Festival Internazionaledi Roma at the MACRO museum in Rome and sponsored by the American Embassy in Rome. Her images have also been exhibited as part of group shows in galleries and institutions including the American Academy in Rome, Sala Uno, and Temple University. Her photographs are part of the permanent collection of the Museum of the City of New York.
Miuccio received her B.A. in humanities from McGill University in Montreal, studied photography at the International Center of Photography in New York City, and received her masters in cinema from Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy.
Academic Research/Specialty Areas
- ARCH 4509 Special Topics in Visual Representation: Introduction to PhotographyThis course addresses pertinent issues relative to the subject of Visual Representation. The instructor(s) of the course are drawn from the permanent and visiting faculty who may either broadly or narrowly define the course's scope and content. For precise content please see the Architecture Department webpage .
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- New York Foundation for the Arts
- National Italian American Foundation
- Grazia Neri's Yann Geoffrey Prize
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- DoppiaVisione/Double Vision, FOTOGRAFIA/Festival Internazionale di Roma at La Casa della Memoria, Rome
- An Italian Journey, Ellis Island Immigration Museum, New York City