Dasha Khapalova is a registered architect and the principal of Ballman Khapalova, an architecture practice based in New York City. Previously, she worked in the offices of Deborah Berke Partners; Barkow Leibinger; Skidmore, Owings & Merrill; and OBRA Architects. She has taught at Pratt Institute, served as a teaching assistant at Harvard GSD, and has been a guest critic at Harvard University, The Cooper Union, Cornell, and Pratt. In 2012 Khapalova was the recipient of the Gabriel Prize Fellowship, and her academic work has been published in Architects Draw by Sue Ferguson Gussow, and Harvard GSD's Platform series.
Khapalova received her master of architecture degree from Harvard GSD where she was awarded the Kevin V. Kieran Prize for highest academic achievement. Her undergraduate studies were divided between AAP and The Cooper Union, where she received her bachelor of architecture degree in 2007.
- 100 Women to Watch in Architecture
- Exhibition: Ballman Khapalova: The Waltemath Foundation, Feb. 4–Mar. 12
- The World's Best Architecture Firms: Revealing the Winners of the 2021 A+Firm Awards
- 2021 AIANY Design Awards: St. John's Park by Ballman Khapalova
- Architecture Faculty's Firm Wins Unbuilt Design Award
- ARCH 1501 Drawing IIntroduction to freehand drawing as an analytical tool within the design process.