Photography Labs and Print Media Facilities
We support all aspects of photographic image making. This includes providing darkrooms for both black and white and alternative processes, digital printing and scanning, equipment loans, and a professional lighting studio.
Workshops are offered each semester as requested by faculty and students. The lab manager holds office hours once a week and is also available by appointment for one-on-one assistance with projects or technical instruction.
Black and White Darkroom
- Beseler 23cII/III enlargers
- Beseler 4" x 5" enlargers
Alternative Processes Equipment
- Two UV exposure units
- Various contact print frames
Analog Camera Equipment (for class use only)
- Fully manual 35mm cameras
- Medium format camera systems
- View cameras
- Light meters
Studio / Lighting Equipment
- Various light stands, clamps, and modifiers
- Profoto Monolights
- Lowel Omni travel light kits
- Lowel DP studio lights
- Seamless backdrops
Print Media Facilities
The print media facilities include dedicated studios for intaglio, lithography, screen printing; a darkroom for hybrid processes; as well as the full range of services offered in the digital fabrication lab. An additional studio designated for graduate student and faculty use provides a professional space for fully resolved projects and serves as a pedagogical model studio where collaborations take place between artists. The print studios incorporate other material processes beyond their designed uses, including papermaking and casting, bookmaking, woodcut, and monotype.
- Charles Brand etching presses (3), 30'' x 50'', 26'' x 48'', and 20'' x 40''
- Tackach-Garfield intaglio press, 44'' x 84''
- Merco Savoy hot plates (3)
- Fume hood, 47'' x 90'' x 58''
- Large format Aquatint box
- Horizontal acid baths (2), 30" x 40" and 18" x 24"
- Variety of etching tools, rollers, and brayers
- Tackach-Garfield hand-operated lithography press, 34'' x 60'' (2)
- Charles Brand hand-operated lithography press, 30'' x 52''
- Fuchs and Lane lithography press, 25'' x 36''
- Large graining sink for stone Lithography
- Large assortment of rollers and brayers
Screen Printing Studio
- AWT World Trade Direct Exposure table, 32'' x 54''
- Separate wet and dark space with spray booth
- David Reina Design beater with bronze Roll (pulp making machine)
- More than 50 screens to select among
- NuArc lithography exposure system, 41" x 31"
- Stainless steel washout sink, 48'' x 108''
- American French Tool intaglio press, 40'' x 70''
- Tackach-Garfield motorized lithography press, 34'' x 60''
- Charles Brand etching press, 16'' x 30''
- Merco Savoy hot plate
- Valad Electric Heating Company hot plate