Serena Muccitelli is engaged in both professional practice and research in the field of integrated policies for sustainable urban and regional development for public and private institutions and also within European cooperation projects. Her research is focused on the potentialities of overlapping and intersecting urban policies with cultural policies and programs as instruments of urban regeneration and social inclusion. She is cofounder of GU | Generazione Urbana, an independent research lab aiming to promote the diffusion of the culture of urban dynamics.
Muccitelli graduated in 2010 from the Faculty of Architecture at the Roma Tre University and received her Ph.D. in territorial policies and local development in 2015. Since 2010 she has been engaged in teaching activities at Roma Tre University and Cornell in Rome, where she is a teaching associate.
- CRP 4160 Rome WorkshopThis course focuses on the city as a system through the analysis of (1) a set of neighborhoods and (2) issues affecting these neighborhoods. We will consider the relationship of these neighborhoods and issues to the functioning of the contemporary city of Rome and the wellbeing of its residents. During the first half of the semester, students work in groups to learn about a particular neighborhood through a variety of methods. For the second half of the semester, student groups select and analyze a policy issue based on their neighborhood studies. The course will consider issues relating to infrastructure, provision of services, urban design, social inclusion, economic development and governance.
- Andriola, V., Muccitelli, S., eds. "Planning for all generations." iQuaderni di UrbanisticaTre 15 (2017)
- Allulli, M., Muccitelli, S., Chiara Ratti Pistoi, V. "RIGENERAZIONE URBANA: un progetto per l’Italia. Dossier sui Progetti di Comuni e Città Metropolitane per il Bando Periferie - Parte I," ed. Testa, P. (2017)
- Muccitelli, S. "L’arte pratica della città, (Ibidem) Le letture di Planum," Journal of Urbanism, no. 6 (2016)
- Andriola V., Muccitelli S., Vazzoler N., eds. "Urban conscousness. The evidence of a lack." iQuaderni di UrbanisticaTre 8 (2016)
- Muccitelli, S. "Il SESC-SP: un’istituzione culturale a San Paolo, In: L’architettura necessaria. La rivoluzione modernista brasiliana e gli edifici per l’educazione," ed. Burrascano, M. (Napoli: CLEAN, 2016).