Francesco Isidori founded Labics in 2002 together with Maria Claudia Clemente. He heads the work of Labics, whose interest, combining the theoretical approach with applied research, extends from the interior renovation to the urban masterplan, going through the different scales and complexities of the project. His built work includes the Città del Sole (2016), Mast (2013), Obica (2003-2016), Italpromo and Libardi associati headquarters (2004). Current projects include the extension of Palazzo Diamanti in Ferrara, and the Cascina Merlata masterplan and Jacaranda school in Milan. Francesco Isidori has been visiting critic at different universities including Università La Sapienza and Cornell University. He is regularly invited to give lectures and conduct workshops in a variety of international universities and institutions, including the Università Iuav di Venezia, Università Roma Tre and the Università di Ferrara. He graduated from Sapienza University of Rome in 1999 and received his Ph.D. in architectural design and theory in 2006 from the same university.
- Labics: Structures
- Maria Claudia Clemente and Francesco Isidori of Labics and Val Warke: The Making of Practice
- Labics: Shared Space
- LABICS Claudia Clemente and Francesco Isidori: Structures and Backgrounds
- ARCH 4101/4102 Design VIIAdvanced programs in architectural design, with options in, but not limited to, urban design, architectural technology, computational design, ecology, culture, and representation.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- ABB Leaf Awards, Cittá del Sole, Mixed-use Building of the Year (2017)
- Premio Biennale Internazionale di Architettura "Barbara Cappochin," Cittá del Sole, special jury mention (2017)
- European Architecture Awards, Cittá del Sole, special prize, sustainable innovation project (2017)
- Grand Prix | Casalgrande Padana, Mast, international architecture award (2016)
- Gold medal for Italian architecture, Mast, special prize to the architectural client – Isabella Seragnoli (2015)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- Labics: "La Città Aperta, Architecture and the Historical space of Italy," Italian Cultural Institute, Berlin (2015)
- Labics: Structures, curated by Luca Molinari, Galleria Stefania Miscetti, Rome (2015)
- Borderline Metropolis, In Uneternal city, curated by Aaron Betsky, 2008 Venice Biennale of Architecture
- Isidori, Francesco, Maria Claudia Clemente, Aaron Betsky. "Roman Baroque." MARK 70 (October/November 2017), 144-153.
- Isidori, Francesco, Maria Claudia Clemente, Reed Kroloff. "Designers in the Prime of Life." New York Times, September 8, 2017, AR80.
- Conforti, Claudia, Francesco Dal Co, Francesco Isidori, Maria Claudia Clemente, "Labics: Mast. Una manifattura di arti, sperimentazione e tecnologia/a manufactory for arts, experience and technology." Electa architettura. Milano: 2013.