Every year in mid-March, in a tradition that goes back more than 100 years, an enormous dragon created by first-year architecture students parades across campus. Accompanied by AAP students in outrageous costumes, the dragon lumbers to the Arts Quad where it does battle with a phoenix created by rival engineering students. This rite of spring is one of Cornell’s best-known traditions.
Dragon Day 2016
Dragon Day 2016 will take place on Friday, March 25. Start time is 1 p.m. and the parade route is as follows:
- Leaves Rand Hall around 1 p.m.
- Travels east on University Avenue
- Turns right (south) on East Avenue
- Turns right (west) on Campus Road
- Turns right (north) on South Central walkway through Ho Plaza
- Enters the Arts Quad between Uris and Olin libraries
- Proceeds to the north end of the Arts Quad by Sibley Hall