Tuition and Deadlines
Tuition for graduate study at AAP varies by discipline. Research degrees (M.S., M.A., and Ph.D.) are assessed at different tuition rates than professional degrees.
Students who receive university assistantships or fellowships will generally receive tuition support from Cornell. For those not receiving tuition support from Cornell, the tuition rates below will help with planning and budgeting. Students should anticipate annual increases in tuition and fees.
Visit the Graduate School website for additional information.
Tuition rates by discipline (rates are based on the 2020-21 academic year, and do not include fees, room and board, books, or personal expenses):
- Architecture (Ph.D.): $29,500
- Architecture: M.Arch. (Professional): $58,586
- Architecture: M.S. (Post-Professional), Advanced Architectural Design: $29,293 per semester (three-semester program total: $87,879)
- Architecture: M.S., Matter Design Computation: $29,500
- Art: $29,500
- City and Regional Planning (Ph.D.): $29,500
- City and Regional Planning (M.R.P.): $38,354
- The M.R.P. program tuition is very competitive when compared to similar programs at major state and private universities. Cornell offers generous financial aid in a further effort to keep the cost of the M.R.P. program within reach for students. Many students receive stipends during the course of the program and/or participate in paid summer internships.
- City and Regional Planning (M.A. in Historic Preservation Planning): $29,500
- Regional Science (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.): $20,800
AAP also has many funding opportunities students may wish to pursue including college-wide, architecture, art, and city and regional planning funding opportunities.
Each department has specific application requirements.
- January 3 Master of Architecture with details here
- January 7 Master of Fine Art with details here
- January 10 Master of Regional Planning, Historic Preservation Planning, or Regional Science with details here
- January 15 Real Estate priority deadline for financial aid; March 1, regular deadline; June 1, special/transfer deadline with details here