Robin Cameron was born in British Columbia in 1981, and is an artist based in New York City who works in a wide range of media such as ceramics, brass sculptures, films, drawings, cyanotypes, and printmaking. She often uses traditional media in an unconventional way to explore the boundaries of time, systems of thought, and identity. She is best known for making books which are available at Printed Matter and held in the collection of the MoMA library. Her work is in the permanent collection at the Whitney Museum. She graduated in 2012 with an M.F.A. from Columbia University.
Academic Research/Specialty Areas
- Interdisciplinary art
- Print media
Cameron specializes in printmaking, artists' books, sculpture, ceramics, brass, writing, film, and visual art.
- ART 2301 Introduction to PrintmakingThis is an inclusive course that offers an expanded study of traditional printmaking processes through experimental print media. Print media is a critical practice grounded in the history of all printed matter and the printed form as a social medium. Students will participate in a comprehensive range of technical and aesthetic approaches centered in a range of strategies including the art work as multiple, digital and cultural production. These issues of critical discourse will challenge traditional definitions of intaglio, lithography, relief, screen-printing, digital printmaking, and laser cutting technology.
- ART 3399 Special Topic: Artists' BooksTopics TBA.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- VCU Teaching Workshop, Doha, Qatar (2018)
- Art City Teaching Residency, Winnipeg, Manitoba (2018)
- Canada Council Research and Creation Grant (2018)
- Ontario Arts Council Grant (2014)
- Banff Center Summer Residency: Dexter Sinister, Banff, Alberta (2011)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- No Now, Moskowitz Bayse, Los Angeles (2018)
- Yes / No, Parapet Real Humans, St. Louis (2018)
- Right Now, Scrap Metal Gallery, Contact Photography Festival, Toronto (2018)
- Cameron, Robin. Right Now. Elizabeth Karp-Evans (Ed.). New York: Run / Off Editions, 2017.
- Cameron, Robin. A Chronology. New York: The Song Cave, 2016
- Cameron, Robin. Who You, I See. New York: Hassla and Room East, 2014