Michael Jefferson is the coprincipal of Jefferson Lettieri Office (JE-LE).
Previously, Jefferson held appointments at The Cooper Union, Penn State University, the University of Michigan, City College of New York, and the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee where he was the 2019–20 Innovation in Design Fellow. In 2019, Jefferson received a residency fellowship at MacDowell in Peterborough, New Hampshire. His work has been exhibited in New York City, Boston, and Ithaca, and published in the Cornell Journal for Architecture, OfficeUS: Manual, Interiors, The Plan Journal, and Project. Prior to founding Jefferson Lettieri Office, Jefferson practiced at Adjaye Associates, CODA, Studio SUMO, and Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA).
Jefferson holds a Master of Architecture from Cornell University (2012).
Academic Research/Specialty Areas
- Architectural design
- Architectural technology
- Digital media
- Technology and art
- Visual representation
- J. Yolande Daniels: Building | Un-Building
- Cornell AAP Welcomes New Faculty
- Critically Now: US and Them: American Embassies and the Architecture of Diplomacy
- Michael Jefferson and Suzanne Lettieri: (post)line
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- Innovation in Design Fellowship, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (2019–20)
- Fellow, MacDowell, Peterborough, New Hampshire (2019)
- Robert James Eidlitz Travel Fellowship, AAP Department of Architecture (2013)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- "Still Processing." Innovation in Design Fellowship Lecture, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- "Living With It." Lecture and panel discussion, "AAction: Architectural Education for Climate Emergency," moderated by AAction, Chicago Architecture Biennial: And Other Such Stories. Chicago, Illinois, November 2019.
- "Disciplined Objects." Project presentation and panel discussion, "ACSA 107: Articulating Architecture's Core in the Post-Digital Era," 107th Annual Conference of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 2019.