Mark Acciari is the codirector of Chibbernoonie, a young design studio that explores narrative, pop culture, and immersive experiences within architecture through drawings, models, buildings, films, and performance. Acciari's primary topics of research include architectural models and film, total design, and Michael Graves. His interests range in scale, scope, and duration — from object design to city planning.
Acciari graduated with a master of architecture degree from Princeton University and holds a bachelor's degree in art history from the University of Southern California. He has worked at offices including MOS Architects in New York City, SANAA in Tokyo, and First Office in Los Angeles.
Academic Research/Specialty Areas
- Architectural design
- Architectural practice
- Architectural representation
- Architectural theory
- Collaborative practice
- Digital media
- Installation art
- Interdisciplinary art
- Performance art
- Print media
- Visual representation
- Architectural models
- Object design
- City planning
- ARCH 4509/6509 Signature Style SeminarThis course addresses pertinent issues relative to the subject of Visual Representation. The instructor(s) of the course are drawn from the permanent and visiting faculty who may either broadly or narrowly define the course's scope and content. For precise content please see the Architecture Department webpage .
- ARCH 4408/6408 Architecture, Culture, and SocietyThis course addresses pertinent issues relative to the subject of Architecture, Culture and Society. The instructor(s) of the course are drawn from the permanent and visiting faculty who may either broadly or narrowly define the course's scope and content. For precise content please see the Architecture Department webpage .
- ARCH 7112 Exquisite Corpse: A Whole with Many PartsAdvanced programs in architectural design, with options in, but not limited to, urban design, architectural technology, computational design, ecology, culture, and representation.
- ARCH 8907 Thesis in Advanced Architectural Design IIIndependent study.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- Suzanne Kolarik Underwood Prize for Excellence in Design, Princeton University School of Architecture (2018)
- Howard Crosby Butler Travelling Fellowship, Princeton University School of Architecture (2016)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- Mutualisms, New Inc., New Museum, New York City (2019)
- The Normal Hotel, Princeton University School of Architecture (2018)
- Changing Room, Princeton University School of Architecture (2016)
- "Chibbernoonie Design Studio Photograph, Summer–Spring, 2019," Harvard Design Magazine, issue 47: Inside Scoop (2019)
- "Chibbernoonie, Prospect Stronghold," Architectural Research Quarterly, 92, (2016)