Milstein Hall construction summary, June 13 to July 10
Work started/completed from June 13 to July 10, 2009:
- Work on underpinning for Rand Hall's south and west walls and Sibley Hall's north wall begun.
- Along the north facade of Sibley Hall, conduit was installed to accommodate temporary electrical power.
- Work continues on the water supply for the Foundry's new sprinkler system and the installation of a new fire hydrant.
- The Sibley parking lot was closed for construction activity.
- Doors leading from Sibley Hall to the construction site have been blocked.
- Basement windows along Sibley Hall's north side have been covered.
- The construction fence around the project site was completed and work was begun on temporary lighting along the fence.
- The access road through the Arts Quad to Lincoln Hall was widened to allow for a turnaround.
- University Ave., between East Ave. and Central Ave., was closed for the remainder of construction (Aug. 2011).
- The construction webcam is live.
- By end of July the underpinning work on Rand Hall will be finished.
- Installation of sewer and storm drains near Lincoln Hall will begin.