CRP Graduate Open House for Prospective Students, Spring 2017
The Department of City and Regional Planning is hosting a graduate open house for city and regional planning, historic preservation, and regional science prospective students from March 23—25, 2017. The open house is an ideal time to visit and interact with faculty members and current students, learn more about the programs offered, meet with alumni, and explore housing options in the area.
Thursday, March 23
- 6 p.m. Dinner in Collegetown*
- 9 p.m. The Nines Outing*
Friday, March 24
Milstein Hall Dome
- 8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
- 9 a.m. Welcome and Student Roundtable Introductions
- 9:15 a.m. Faculty Introductions
- 9:45 a.m. Introduction to the M.R.P. and HPP Programs
- 10:15 a.m. The CRP Experience and Beyond
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
Abby and Howard Milstein Hall Auditorium
- 12:20 p.m. Colloquium lecture
- 2 p.m. Faculty Office Hours
- 4 p.m. Campus Tour (meet in front of Sibley Hall)
Big Red Barn
- 5 p.m. Grad Night Drinks at the Big Red Barn*
Downtown Ithaca Commons
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner options (walk as a group from Big Red Barn to each site)
- 9 p.m. CRP PechaKucha Presentations, Chanticleer (top floor)
Saturday, March 25
12 p.m. Student-led jog around town (meet in Dewitt Park for a leisurely jog around Ithaca. Be sure to dress for the weather!)
Download the schedule (PDF)
*Please note: these events are self-funded
Please email Kevin Murphy if you would like to attend the open house.
Getting to Ithaca
- By plane: Tompkins County is served by US Airways, Delta, and United flights to and from major cities throughout the country. The Syracuse International Airport is an hour and a quarter drive from Ithaca.
- By bus or train: Cornell's Campus to Campus bus services runs from New York City to Ithaca. Ithaca is served by the Greyhound, Trailways, and ShortLine bus systems. Visitors can reach the campus from the bus depot by taxi or the Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit (TCAT) bus service (many buses make campus stops). The nearest Amtrak connection point is Syracuse.
- By car from the New England area: Take the New York State Thruway (interstate 87/90) west to exit 25A, Interstate 88 southwest to Bainbridge, Route 206 west to Whitney Point, and Route 79 west to Ithaca.
- By car from New York City: Take either the Holland or Lincoln tunnel to Interstate 280 West to Interstate 80 West to Interstate 380 North to Interstate 81 North to the Whitney Point exit. Follow Route 79 to Ithaca. Or, take the George Washington Bridge to Interstate 80 West and follow the directions above.
- By car from the west: Take the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) east to exit 42 (Geneva) and Route 96 south to Ithaca; or take the New York State Thruway east to exit 41 (Waterloo) and Route 89 south to Ithaca.
Transportation Contact Information
Airport and Airlines
Local and Long-Distance Bus Service
Taxi and Limousine Service
- Airline Limousine (607) 273-3030 or (800) 273-9197
- Blue Light Cab Company (607) 277-2227
- Cayuga Taxi (607) 272-3333