Association Publishes Volume 10
The student-run group Association produces an annual publication featuring student, faculty, and alumni work across the disciplines of architecture, art, and planning, with a particular interest in cross-disciplinary projects that demonstrate the connections between these fields. Volume 10 was released last fall and features 61 diverse projects produced between the fall semesters of 2016 and 2017.
In addition to the launch of volume 10, an exhibition of selected work from previous volumes was held in the East Sibley Hallway in November.
Highlights from volume 10 include:
- Pauline Shongov's (B.F.A. '18) thesis project in collaboration with Aaron Glasser '17: Footnote as part of "Wax Notes" revisits the silent film history of Stewart Park Pavilion in Ithaca, New York.
- ISTB-7, by Christopher Alt (B.Arch. '94) and Christiana Moss (B.Arch. '93) of Studio Ma, is a science and research complex for Arizona State University that contains an indoor atrium biome.
- Elizabeth Corkery's (M.F.A. '13) Pieces from Pictures is a sequence of sculptures, photographs, and panoramic wall coverings using the 1936 film The Great Zeigfeld as a visual reference.
- Gary Esposito (M.Arch. '18) and Jamie Mitchell's (M.Arch. '18) project Aarau Bus Terminal is the world's largest air-supported membrane curtain, created for ARCH 5612 Structural Concepts, taught by Mark Cruvellier, the Nathaniel and Margaret Owings Distinguished Alumni Memorial Professor in Architecture.
- Jacob Taylor Soley's (B.S. URS' 19) project SB01 offers an aesthetic experience for a pair of bathrooms in a class A office tower in Portland, Maine.
The Association volume 10 team included:
- Eda (Begum) Birol (B.Arch. '20)
- Georgine Botha (B.Arch. '20)
- Demi Chang (B.Arch. '20)
- Daisy Dai (B.Arch. '21)
- Oonagh Davis (B.Arch. '20)
- Heesun (Joyce) Han (B.Arch. '18)
- Eric Lee (B.F.A. '20)
- Ye Chan (Daniel) Park (B.Arch. '20)
- Shruti Shah (B.Arch. '20)
- Jacob Taylor Soley (B.S. URS '19)
- Alisa Tiong (B.Arch. '18)
- Xiaohang (Gloria) Yan (B.Arch. '20)
- Jingxin Yang (B.Arch. '21)
- Alexander Kyaw (B.Arch. '23)
- Turner Andrasz (B.Arch. '23)
- Seo Yun (Jackie) Bang (B.Arch. '20)
- Nicole Bansal (B.Arch. '20)
- Elias Bennett (B.Arch. '20)
- Ottavia Boletto (B.Arch. '20)
- Shania Bravo (B.Arch. '23)
- Nelli Briceño (B.Arch. '23)
- Gabi Castro (B.Arch. '23)
- Judy Dong (B.Arch. '21)
- Frances Gregor (B.Arch. '23)
- Yue (Lancer) Gu (B.Arch. '20)
- Polen Guzelocak (B.Arch. '22)
- Sydney Harmon (B.Arch. '20)
- Ami Kurosaki (B.Arch. '21)
- Geena Kribs (B.Arch. '20)
- Jee Lim (B.F.A. '18)
- Allan Mezhibovsky (B.Arch. '22)
- Dominika Michalska (B.Arch. '20)
- Sam Price (B.F.A. '21)
- Josh Rotbert (M.R.P. '20)
- Maiko Sein (B.Arch. '23)
- Dana Sobny (B.Arch. '23)
- Chloe Tsui (B.Arch. '22)
- Gianni Valenti (B.S. URS '22)
- Nguyet Vo (B.Arch. '23)
- Christina Xie (B.Arch. '22)
- Jiayi Yi (M.S. AAD '19)
- Gordon Yoo (B.Arch. '20)
- Yuheng (Amber) Zhu (B.Arch. '20)
- Carolina Zuniga (B.Arch. '23)
Faculty advisors were Cruvellier and Associate Professor Jeffrey M. Chusid, chair of the Department of City and Regional Planning.