Landscape Architects (Entry-, Mid-, and Senior-Level)
Posted: July 2, 2012
Central Park Conservancy [http://www.centralparknyc.org]
The Central Park Conservancy is a private, not-for-profit organization that manages Central Park under a contract with the City of New York. Through citizen initiative and a pioneering partnership with the City, the Conservancy led the transformation of Central Park from its deteriorated state in the late 1970s to the beautifully restored and expertly managed park that today’s visitors experience. The success of this innovation in public space improvement has been widely attributed to the vision and leadership of the Conservancy and its ability to raise private funds and to effectively restore and operate the Park. Since 1980 the Conservancy has invested more than $350 million in restoration and reconstruction projects in the Park. Our Planning, Design & Construction team is recognized for excellence and innovation in our approach to restoring and rebuilding the Park.
Location: New York City
Position Type: Regular/Full-time
Approximate Start Date: Summer/Fall 2012
Participate in the development of project designs from concept and scope development through preparation of bid documents, and collaborate with staff responsible for supervising construction to ensure project goals and quality standards are met.Reporting relationship and supervisory responsibilities (if applicable) vary according to position, to be determined based on experience and skill level.
• Degree from an accredited program in landscape architecture.
• Familiarity with relevant design standards, codes, and industry standards of practice.
• Familiarity and understanding of construction documents.
• Strong organizational, communication, and graphic skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites applications strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in hand-rendering strongly preferred.
• Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Organization's Online Posting: https://home.eease.com/recruit2/?id=1579861&t=1
Required Materials: Cover letter, Resume
Materials Format: Email
Submit Applications To:
Central Park Conservancy
14 East 60 St
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 310-6626