Cook+Fox Architects [http://www.cookplusfox.com]
Cook+Fox Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, Cook+Fox seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment.
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Regular/Full-time
Description: Medium-sized architecture firm is seeking an Intermediate Architect or Architectural Designer with excellent design skill and 3 to 5 years experience. The position will require a working knowledge of Revit and all applicants should have completed construction documents for at least one project using the program. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years professional experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of high-end clients as well as vendors
- Computer skills should include Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp, and 3DMax
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
Please submit resume and work samples along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter or work samples will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.
Required Materials: Cover letter, Resume, Visual work samples
Materials Format: Email
Submit Applications To: