3D Visualization Architect/Designer
Cook+Fox Architects [http://www.cookplusfox.com]
Cook+Fox Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, Cook+Fox seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment.
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Regular/Full-time
Description: Medium-sized architecture firm is seeking an Intermediate Architect with advanced Visualization Skills, a minimum of 2 years professional experience and a strong design sensibility. Applicants should have excellent 3D graphic and architectural design skills as well as experience in all project phases, including Construction Documentation. Projects will include client presentation renderings and visualizations, concept exploration visualization, portfolio renderings, and materials for printed and online marketing. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
The position will require an extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Rhino, and Revit. In your application materials, please illustrate your level of proficiency with the programs listed above and describe your responsibility in all mid- to large-scale projects that you have completed using said programs.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 yrs professional experience in a design office using 3D modeling as a design tool
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture and/or training in Art and technology, Computer/Digital Art, or similar
- Computer skills should include 3D Studio Max, VRay, Rhino, InDesign, PhotoShop, AfterEffects, etc.
- 3D printing, animation, and other media experience a bonus
- Knowledge of architectural practice including site planning, building codes, standards and structures
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of high-end clients as well as vendors
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
Please submit resume and work samples along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with “3D Visualization Architect” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter or work samples will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.
Required Materials: Cover letter, Resume, Visual work samples
Materials Format: Email
Submit Applications To: