The following items are either not found, not easily found, or substantially more expensive in Rome.
- Tracing Paper – common brands used in the United States are not available in Rome, although some like what is available there better!
- X-acto Knives/Blades – hard to find and expensive (NOTE: you will not be allowed to carry these on an airplane – be sure to pack in a checked bag.)
- Computer Disks (mac formatted) Zip and CDs – cost much more in Rome (NOTE: Rome lab can not use floppies.)
- Drafting Dots
- Adjustable Triangles
- Glue / Glue Sticks – some past students have commented that none of the available glue works.
- Duct Tape
- Rulers with Cork Backing
- English Scale
The following items are necessary to have, but also are readily available in Rome.
- Cutting Mats
- Metal Rulers
- Portable Drafting Board
- Drafting Pencils
- Drawing Pencils
- Drawing Pens
- 2-3 Inexpensive Acrylic Paint Brushes
- Colored Cardboard
- Small Traveler’s Water Color Kit (about 3x5x3/4 inches) or a Small Set of Craypa (oil crayons – 12 or so colors)
NOTE: Maylines are provided by the school.