Darkrooms and Print Media Facilities
Multiple darkrooms in Tjaden Hall support work with all camera formats up to 8" x 10". Color darkrooms feature individual enlarging rooms and a 30" color print processor. A shooting studio includes seamless backgrounds, and tungsten and electronic flash lighting equipment. Professional-grade medium format, large format, and digital cameras are available to advanced students. Scanners, printers, and video equipment are available in the computer lab.
Black and White Darkroom
- Beseler 23cII/III enlargers
- Beseler 4" x 5" enlargers
- Mural printing facility
- 30” Kreonite Color Processor
- Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II 4" x 5" enlargers
- Omega 8" x 10" enlarger
Alternative and Analog Equipment and Lighting
Alternative Processes Equipment
- Epson 4900 printer
- Exposing table, 32" x 44”
Analog Camera Equipment (for class use only)
- Fully manual 35mm cameras
- Twin Lens Reflex cameras
- Mamiya RB67
- Hasselblad System
- Fuji 6" x 9"
- View cameras
- light meters
Studio / Lighting Equipment
- Various light stands, clamps and modifiers
- Hensel: generators and strobe heads
- White Lightning and Elenchrome Monolights
- Lowel Omni travel light kits
- Lowel DP studio lights
- Seamless backdrops
Print Media Facilities
The print media facilities include dedicated studios for intaglio, lithography, screen printing; a darkroom for hybrid processes; as well as the full range of services offered in the digital fabrication lab. An additional studio designated for graduate student and faculty use provides a professional space for fully resolved projects and serves as a pedagogical model studio where collaborations take place between artists. The print studios incorporate other material processes beyond their designed uses, including papermaking and casting, book making, woodcut, and monotype.
- Charles Brand etching presses (3), 30'' x 50'', 26'' x 48'', and 20'' x 40''
- Tackach-Garfield intaglio press, 44'' x 84''
- Merco Savoy hot plates (3)
- Fume hood, 47'' x 90'' x 58''
- Large format Aquatint box
- Horizontal acid baths (2), 30” x 40” and 18” x 24”
- Variety of etching tools, rollers, and brayers
- Tackach-Garfield hand-operated lithography press, 34'' x 60'' (2)
- Charles Brand hand-operated lithography press, 30'' x 52''
- Fuchs and Lane lithography press, 25'' x 36''
- Large graining sink for stone Lithography
- Large assortment of rollers and brayers
Screen Printing Studio
- AWT World Trade Direct Exposure table, 32'' x 54''
- Separate wet and dark space with spray booth
- David Reina Design beater with bronze Roll (pulp making machine)
- More than 50 screens to select among
- NuArc lithography exposure system, 41" x 31"
- Stainless steel washout sink, 48'' x 108''
- American French Tool intaglio press, 40'' x 70''
- Tackach-Garfield motorized lithography press, 34'' x 60''
- Charles Brand etching press, 16'' x 30''
- Merco Savoy hot plate
- Valad Electric Heating Company hot plate
Digital Fabrication Shop
- Learn more about our digital fabrication equipment.