Ramon Bosch founded bosch.capdeferro arquitectures with Bet Capdeferro in 2003 in their hometown of Girona. Their professional activity has progressed in parallel to teaching in Barcelona, Zurich, and Girona, supporting from the fields of theory and research the development of design and construction processes.
They conceive a project as a concave and inclusive experience, capable of incorporating through an open process the precedent and future layers and the knowledge accumulated in each place. Their built works, including houses, schools and public urban spaces, are based on the idea of "disocuppation": the crucial relevance of the un-built as gravity center of any space.
They are currently working on the book Microclimates, Microcosms, an approach to architecture seen as a sage domestication of the infinite through the configuration of extremely local systems.
Ramon Bosch graduated in 2000 from the Escola Tècnica Superior d'Arquitectura de Barcelona, UPC–BarcelonaTech.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- Nominated for the 2013 European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture — Mies van der Rohe Award
- Nominated for the 2012 International Iakov Chernikhov Prize in the Field of Conceptual Architecture
- Emerging Architect Special Mention of the 2011 European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture — Mies van der Rohe Award
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture — Mies van der Rohe Award 2011 in Chicago, London, Paris, Leuven, Düsseldorf, Cascais, Brussels, Lisbon, Wien, Wroclawiu, Copenhagen, and Praga
- Vogadors - Architectural Rowers: Hard Materiality for a Permeable Architecture at the 13th. Venice Architecture Biennale — Common Ground in Venice and Barcelona
- Sensitive Matter: Young Catalan Architects in Lisbon, Berlin, Coruña, and Barcelona
- 2011 European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture — Mies van der Rohe Award, Mies van der Rohe Foundation and ACTAR (2012)
- Collage House, IBook, Gustavo Gili (2012)
- Tectonica #39, ATC Ediciones (2012)