Ángel Martínez García-Posada
Ángel Martínez García-Posada has been a professor in the Department of Architectonic Projects of the Universidad de Sevilla and a member of the project and heritage research group since 2005. He has worked in the editorial field since 2002 on various projects. He was codirector of Neutra, the magazine for the College of Architects of Seville, from 2002 to 2005; coeditor of Cuaderno Rojo (University of Seville, 2010) and Acciones Comunes (Recolectores Urbanos, 2015); and a finalist in the 2015 FAD International Award in Thought and Criticism in Architecture. He works in collaboration with the publishing house Lampreave as head of the collection La palabra y el dibujo. He is also the author of various books, including Sueños y polvo. Cuentos de tiempo sobre arte y arquitectura (Lampreave, 2009); Tiempos de Central Park (IUACC, 2011); and Paseos en espiral (Lugadero, 2013), awarded in the XIII Spanish Biennale of Architecture. He has published numerous articles in architecture magazines and has participated in various research projects.
Martínez García-Posada earned a degree in architecture from the School of Seville in 2001 and a Ph.D. in 2008.
- Arch 3308/6308-106 Special Topics in Theory: Interdisciplinary Transfers
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- I Prize Best Doctoral Thesis in matter of City, Architecture and Building, IUACC, Sevilla (2011)
- Finalist in Bienal Arquia Proxima for Sueños y polvo (Cuentos de tiempo sobre arte y arquitectura) La Coruña (2012)
- Finalist in FAD International Award 2015 in matter of Architecture and Critic for Acciones Comunes (Miradas e intervenciones urbanas desde el arte y la arquitectura) Barcelona (2015)
- First Prize in Public Spaces Design and Landscape Architecture, Colegio de Arquitectos de Sevilla, 2006-2010, for Red Pública, Sevilla (2015)
- Awarded in XIII Spanish Biennale of Architecture for Paseos en espiral and Acciones Comunes, Madrid (2016)