Kent Kleinman is the Gale and Ira Drukier Dean of Cornell University's College of Architecture, Art, and Planning. His scholarly focus is 20th-century European Modernism, and his books include After Taste; Rudolf Arnheim: Revealing Vision; The Villa Müller: A Work of Adolf Loos; Mies van der Rohe: The Krefeld Villas; and a translation of Jan Turnovsky's The Poetics of a Wall Projection. He was professor and dean at the School of Constructed Environments at Parsons, The New School for Design; professor and chair of architecture at the University of Buffalo; and an associate professor at the University of Michigan. He has also taught at a number of international schools. He received his professional degree in architecture from the University of California–Berkeley, and is a licensed architect in California.
At Cornell, Kleinman is a member of the Architectural Advisory Committee, the Board of Trustees' Building and Property Committee, the Cornell NYC Tech Campus Executive Committee, co-dean for the Baker Program in Real Estate, and lead dean for the Cornell Council for the Arts.
- How Can Architecture Schools Increase Diversity?
- Ho Fine Arts Library: A Body of Books
- AAP Launches International Executive Education Program
- Hospitality, Real Estate in China Set to Boom, Summit Finds
- Kent Kleinman reappointed to second term as AAP dean
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- American Institute of Architects New York Chapter Educator Award (2011)
- Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts, Grants (1991, 2004, 2008)
- Visiting Scholar, Canadian Centre for Architecture, Montreal (2005)
- Senior Fellow, Public Goods Fellowship Program, Mellon Foundation, University at Michigan (2002–03)
- Progressive Architecture Design Award with Eric Sutherland, Crosby Hall Accessible Route Project (2001)
- After Taste, author of chapter "Taste, After All," with editors J. Merwood and L. Weinthal, New York: Princeton Architectural Press (2011)
- The Poetics of a Projecting Wall, introduction and translation from German of Jan Turnovsky’s Die Poetik eines Mauervorsprungs, London: AA Publications (2009)
- Mies van der Rohe: The Krefeld Villas with L. Van Duzer, monograph on Haus Lange and Haus Esters, New York: Princeton Architectural Press (2005)