João Almeida has collaborated on architectural projects with Paulo David since 2008 in roles ranging from project management to architectural design. He creates and designs architectural models, and assists in the production, development, and organization of exhibitions with a special focus on the management of Paulo David's participation in the 15th Venice Biennale of Architecture. Born in Funchal, Portugal, in 1984, he finished his studies at Faculdade de Arquitectura da Universidade do Porto in 2009.
In addition to his career as an architect, since 2007 he has been carrying out research, documentation, and publishing activities on Madeira's local heritage and geography. He places an emphasis on vernacular constructions made out of stone in order to understand the relationship between vernacularly built elements in his native territory and gain valuable lessons and constructive solutions that might be applied in future areas of research.
- ARCH 4101/4012/4103/5101/5116/8913 Option Studio
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- Honorable mention on Amateur-Deeper Perspective Category of the 2015's International Photography Awards (2015)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- Final academic project featured in the annual university Selected Works exhibition (2008)
- "Estruturas Pétreas na Madeira," Islenha Magazine, Direção Regional dos Assuntos Culturais da Madeira (2013)
- Arquitectura de Pedra e na Pedra, e-book for CEHA (2010)
- "Geopoétia da Paisagem," Fundamentos Magazine from Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Madrid (2010)