Giorgio Martocchia graduated magna cum laude with a master's degree in architecture in 1998 from the University of Rome "La Sapienza." He has worked in Rotterdam and Rome, and collaborated in Massimiliano Fuksas's office for several years as a project leader on prestigious projects including the Ferrari Research Center, New Milan trade fair, and the EUR Congress Center. He established Modostudio/Cibinel Laurenti Martocchia Associated Architects, located in Rome, at the end of 2006.
Modostudio has received awards in many international architectural competitions and has recently completed a 13,500-square-meter office and logistics building; the new headquarters for the Elisabeth and Helmut Uhl research foundation in Laives, Italy; and a research building for Intecs spa company in Rome. Modostudio is currently working on the design for a new theater and urban park at Piazza d'Armi site in L'Aquila, Italy.
- ARCH 3101 Design V
- ARCH 3102 Design VI
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- International Prize for Sustainable Architecture, XI edition, Honorable Mention (2015)
- IQU Award, X edition, second prize (2015)
- KlimaHaus Awards, finalist project (2015)
- 27/37 Italian young architects (2010)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- 13th Architecture Biennale, Italian Pavilion, Venice, Italy (2012)
- Italian young architects exhibition, Italian Pavilion, Shanghai Expo (2010)