Davide Marchetti opened his own practice in 2004, specializing in architecture, urban planning, and interior design. The office is driven by a consistent philosophical approach, rather than a predetermined style. It explores and develops new ways of thinking about architecture and the surrounding environment in order to create models for change and innovation. Projects are approached with a comprehensive emphasis on environmental themes, materiality and cultural context. As a result, the studio aims to create specifically designed and detailed buildings that are deeply contextual with equal attention to function.
Marchetti has won numerous awards and international architecture competitions including the first prize in the Redesigning Detroit project in 2013 and the first prize for the New Australian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale in 2008.
Marchetti has taught at Cornell in Rome as a visiting critic in advanced design studios since 2011. He received his master's in architecture from the University of Rome La Sapienza in 2001.
- ARCH 3101/3102 Third Year Design StudioDesign and development of complex architectural projects situated in urban contexts and developed with regard to program, site, building, and representation.
Awards, Grants, and Fellowships (Selected)
- First prize, international competition, Redesigning Detroit: A New Vision for An Iconic Site, Detroit (2013)
- First prize, international design competition, Venice Biennale New Australian Pavilion, Venice, Italy (2008)
- First prize, national design competition for the I° October Square in S. Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Italy (2006)
- First prize, national design competition for the Attilio Pecile square and sustainable housing building, Rome, Italy (2006)
- First prize, international design competition for the requalifications of Rome's beachfront and coastal areas, Ostia, Italy (2004)
Exhibitions and Presentations (Selected)
- Lecture, "City Portraits," international symposium, IUAV, Venice (2013)
- Exhibition, Venice Biennale New Australian Pavilion Ideas Competition, exhibition of selected projects, Heide Museum of Modern Art, Melbourne (2008)
- Exhibition, winning projects of the international design competition, Area of the Venice Arsenal, X Architecture Biennale, Venice (2006)
- Exhibition, winning projects of the international design competition for the Requalifications of Roman Seashore and Coastal Areas in Ostia, IX Architecture Biennale, Venice (2004)