Rand Hall opened its doors in 1912. Designed by the Ithaca firm of (Arthur N.) Gibb and Walts, this imposing industrial structure originally housed machine and pattern shops, and an electrical laboratory as part of the Sibley College of Mechanical Engineering. Donated by Mrs. Henry Lang, the building is named in memory of her father Jasper R. Rand, uncle Addison C. Rand, and her brother Jasper R. Rand, Jr.
Rand Hall currently houses fabrication shops on the first floor, studio space for undergraduate architecture students on the second floor, and the Fine Arts Library
on the third floor.