Training, Education, and Publications
Public and continuing education is a key method for linking universities with constituencies. In addition, studios and workshops provide training for Cornell students.
- Clarence S. Stein Research Fellowships provide funding for research and outreach by graduate students.
- Design for Health bridges the gap between the emerging research base on community design and healthy living and the everyday realities of local government planning.
- Kazakhstan Training Workshop
- PreserveNet is a comprehensive database of regularly updated internet resources and current professional opportunities including extensive internship opportunities.
- Preservation: Sustainability classes for professionals in New York City.
- Progressive Planning is the magazine of Planners Network, an association of planners and others concerned with social and environmental justice. The organization's main office is housed in the department.
- Restructuring Local Government provides information for local governments and is done in collaboration with Cornell's Cooperative Extension.
- Workshops and Studios provide opportunities for graduate students to provide outreach for class credit each year.